What is botox?
BOTOX Cosmetic is a treatment that is used to temporarily improve the appearance of both moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and crow’s feet (Laugh Lines or Character Lines) in adults.
Botox can be used for softening moderate to severe wrinkles on the face.
Botox is a non-surgical and excellent way to combat signs of facial aging. This is a great option for people who don’t want to go under the knife or try more invasive anti-aging procedures such as facelifts.
Botox also helps with other medicine uses such as treatment of TMJ (Temperomandibular joint) problems an excessive grinding of teeth.
Why Get a Botox Injection?
As you use the same facial muscles for making the same expressions, again and again, this can cause the formation of deep wrinkles. A botox injection can relax those facial muscles you use every day.
Popular Treatment Areas
- Forehead lines : Forehead lines can be softened.
- Peri-Oral Lines : Fine lines around the mouth can be reduced by the injection of facial injectables in this area.
- Gummy Smile: Hyperactive lip muscles can be relaxed, reducing excessive lip elevation during smiling and eliminating the “Gummy Smile”.
- Frown lines: Frown lines between the eyes can be improved dramatically.
- Hypertrophy of masseter – Enlargement of masseter muscle can contribute to a harsh, square look at the angle of the jaw. Botox is used to reduce the masseter muscle hypertrophy
- Crows feet around the eyes: Peri-orbital lines (crow’s feet) are caused by smiling and can be relaxed with facial injectables.